Home School Agreement
Our Expectations for Working Together
At Old Buckenham Primary School and Nursery, we recognise each child as an individual and aim to give all children every opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe that a close partnership between school, parents and child is essential if we are to achieve this aim. Below is a statement of our expectations in regard to working together.
- Provide a secure, safe happy and stimulating learning environment.
- Provide a broad and balanced education and encourage high standards.
- Encourage children to do their best at all times.
- Encourage children to take care of others and their surroundings.
- Inform parents of the children’s progress at regular meetings and in an annual written report.
- Encourage discussion with parents as necessary.
- Inform parents about what the teachers aim to teach their children each term.
- Make sure children arrive at school on time by 8.45 a.m.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place for prompt collection of pupils at the end of school
- Make sure children attend regularly full-time, or as required by the school, and avoid taking term-time holiday.
- Make a phone call or speak to a member of staff on the morning of the first day of absence and provide a note of explanation when children return to school.
- Attend Open Evenings to discuss their children’s progress and, if possible, the Parent Workshops run by teachers
- Read with children every day and help and encourage them with homework.
- Help us to understand and support the children by sharing with us any home or medical issues that might affect your child.
The children will:
- Take part in learning as well as they can, asking questions when they don’t understand.
- Be respectful towards others and behave in a safe and responsible way.
- Look after their own, the school’s and other people’s belongings.
- Be honest, kind and helpful.
Together we will:
- Support children’s learning to help them achieve their best.
- Encourage the children to keep our school rules.
- Support children to develop their well-being and happiness.